Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Visa exempt foreign nationals who fly or transit through Canada will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exeptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid visa. You do not need an eTA if you are a Canadian Citizen or Canadian permanent resident or if you are a US citizen. However, lawful US permanent residents of the U.S. need an eTA if travelling by air.

Find out if you need an eTA here

Learn about eTAs in your own language here

Apply on-line for your eTA here