Please be aware that you have to register online for K-ETA (Korea Travel Authorzation) https://www.k-eta.go.kr/portal/apply/index.do before travelling to Korea! You must complete your K-ETA application at least 24 hours prior to boarding your flight.
South Korea is extremely well-connected by land, air and sea, with a high density of airports, train/subway stations and bus terminals all over the country. Almost all stations are meticulously clean and safe, the schedules frequent and punctual, and rates reasonable. For subway, bus and taxi, the most convenient is to purchase a T-Money Card at one of the numerous convenient stores.
- Domestic flights: South-Korea has a convenient network of domestic airport that cover the entire country. The main domestic destinations are Seoul, Busan, Daegu, Gwangju and Jeju Island.
- Train: South Korea is conveniently connected by high speed train between all major cities on the mainland: Seoul, Daejeon, Daegu, Gwangju, Yeosu, Busan. Commuter trains (‘Mugunghwa) still run and stop at smaller towns and villages. Payment by purchase of separate tickets
- Subway: One of the best in the world and by far the most convenient way to transfer within the city. Seoul, Busan, Daegu and Gwangju offers state-of-the-art modern subway, with clear signage in Chinese, English and Japanese. The subway lines cross city borders and connect suburbs and nearby towns. Payment by T-Money card or purchase of separate tickets.
- Taxi: Uber is not the common taxi service, instead the Koreans use Kakao Taxi. The app is easy to download and convenient to use. Alternatively, the hotel staff can help you reserve a taxi, or you can stop a taxi on the road. Payment by T-Money card, credit card or cash.
Koreans drive on the right side. Driving in the big cities of Seoul and Busan is comparable with driving in Rome or Paris, so caution is advised. Car-rentals can be arranged in South Korea:
- Minimum rental age: 25 years, person should have his driver’s license at least one year;
- International Driver’s license needed that covers South Korea. Validity must cover the rental return date;
- English navigation, search by address & telephone number. Hotel address & telephone numbers will be provided;
- Pickup places at all airports possible;
- Every car rented is fully insured with automobile general insurance (person, property, own damage). You are protected upon any accident with an own risk of appr. $ 50 per accident/damage;
- Full-tank upon delivery;
- The standard car is a Hyundai Sonata, 5-seater, 4-door, automatic gear (or similar model);
- Children seats: upon availability possible for children of age 2-5. Under 2 years old: we recommend to bring your own baby seat.